Monday, 7 January 2008

Stalag 17 / Toxic Waste - The Truth Will Be Heard... 12" 1985



Awesome split 12 inch from two of the best Anarcho Punk bands in Ireland in the 80's. Amazing lyrics and catchy tunes made this a fucking winner. I got this when it first came out and I'm glad I did because it's damn hard to find these days. Released in conjunction with Warzone Collective and Mortarhate Records. This is classic Peace punk.

01 - Stalag 17 - Party Talk
02 - Stalag 17- Forgotten Victims
03 - Toxic Waste - Traditionally Yours
04 - Toxic Waste - Burn Your Flags
05 - Toxic Waste - A Song For Britain

Warzone/Mortarhate Records.

10 comments:

John Liedown said...

Cheers for this Stig! Not heard it in an age. I lived in a shared house not long after this came out and the guy in the next room used to wake me up with Mrs T's grating voice every morning. Joy. Thanks for this.

Bob the Norn Irish said...

This is absolutely an amazing one!
Wanted to give it a good listen for a while, but never managed to get my hands on any copy of it as even Roy Wallace seems to have any.

Cheers a thousand for posting this one!

ellspacer said...

These bands still exist in other forms, I think. They recorded a load of stuff, a lot of which I have.... time to dig it out!
A particularly powerful re-recording of Party Talk is in my collection (going under the stairs).

SvenDude said...

Love the intro with dear old Maggie :-D

harp0 said...

Thanks man! The only stuff I've heard from either before is on the Anarcho Punk comps. Got any more?

STiG(NZ) said...

Toxic Waste put out an LP called "Belfast" which I'm sure can be found on a blog somewhere. I'm unsure if Stalag 17 have anything else out.

Anonymous said...

http://punkisarottingcorpse.blogspot.com/search?q=toxic+waste

for the belfast one. best band i have ever heard.

harpo said...

Any chance of re-rippping it to a higher bit rate? Or sending me the original .wav or whatever file type you saved it as before chopping it to individual mp3s?

STiG(NZ) said...

oh shit, I didn't even click these were 128kb I usually ripped all my stuff at 320kb, I'll re-rip and upload it over the next few days.

Listen and Understand said...

Stalag 17 have released two tapes that I know of. One is called 'From Belfast with Love' and is where 'Doomsday Machine' from the Overground compilation was pulled from. I almost won it on ebay but I forgot to bid again on it. A shame, really. A second tape recorded is called 'Erection'